ANNAPOLIS, Md. - Several groups from Worcester County testified Thursday in support of House Bill 1135, a bill that legislators hope will help move wind turbines further from the coast of Ocean City.
If passed HB 11-35 would eliminate the state subsidy for the wind farm if it is located within 26 nautical miles of the town's coastline.
Ocean City council members, worcester county commissioners, and the greater ocean city chamber testified in front of the economic matters committee voicing their concerns that the wind turbines would hurt tourism.
Bill sponsor Delegate Chris Adams says he's not agains the turbines - he just wants them out of sight of beach goers.
The next step is a committee vote for the bill -- if passed it moves on to a house vote.
- Locals weigh in on potential school safety measures
- Wicomico Co. woman convicted in 2017 child abuse case
- UPDATE: Man sentenced in 2016 rape case in Wicomico County
- Democrats unveil bill to ban assault-type rifles in Del.
- Del. woman, non-profit organization employee indicted on multiple fraud charges
- Unconscious driver arrested on DUI charges in Wicomico Co.