OCEAN CITY, Md. - The Ocean City Police Department says seven suspects were arrested on Friday and Saturday during a human trafficking operation conducted by OCPD along with the Worcester County Criminal Enforcement Team, the Worcester County State's Attorney's Office and Homeland Security Investigations.
Police say they arrested Baseem K. Taliaferro, 31, of Galloway, N.J., on two counts of pandering. He was released after posting an unsecured bond of $20,000, officials said.
Four suspects were charged with prostitution: Demetria E. Gregory, 28, of Galloway, N.J.; Lachaye M. Hoskins, 25, of Pleasantville, N.J.; Andrea L. Presock, 43, of Laurel and Catina M. Register, 37, of Georgetown. Register was additionally charged with possession of crack cocaine and drug paraphernalia.
All women were released on personal recognizance pending trial apart from Hoskins, who was transferred to the Worcester County Jail on a bond of $2,500, officials said.
Randi M. Paicek, 31, of Lewes, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and Charles C. Lessner, 31, of Selbyville was arrested for failure to appear in court. Both were released on personal recognizance pending trial, police said.
Officials say multiple electronic devices were seized in this operation, along with $650 in cash. One vehicle was also impounded, police said.
- Police: Officer shot, killed intervening in domestic dispute in Md.
- UPDATE: Man arrested in connection to Salisbury slashing
- U.S. Supreme Court: Dodd-Frank whistleblower protection is narrow
- Police: Suspects unsuccessful in getting property during Dover home invasion; investigation ongoing
- Traffic Alert: Lane closures for Route 1 NB announced for upcoming Kent Co. project
- Prison visits restricted as preventative flu measure in Del.