OCEAN CITY, Md. - A community in Ocean City is coming together to help a 4-year-old boy battling leukemia.
The little boy, Max Long, is known as Mighty Max.
A superhero name that gives him the courage to beat his super villain cancer.
Now his mom is a trainer at Powerhouse Gym and everyone at the gym decided to get on board to do a fundraiser for Max.
This Friday, most of Powerhouse Gym will be a few doors down at Beach Bounce where 50% of the proceeds will go to benefit Max.
Max is currently at the Children's National Medical Center in D.C. so these proceeds will help with travel costs and medical needs as well.
He is currently a high risk patient and receiving aggressive chemotherapy.
- UPDATE: Victim identified in Dover homicide; one arrested
- Worcester County STEM students offered opportunity to work in career fields
- Not My Child hopes to continue conversation about opioids
- Dover sewage failure investigation continues
- Inmate claims "torture" after JTVCC uprising; DOC and COAD deny claims
- Day One of Hammond Taylor trial