WESTOVER, Md. - Maryland State Police are seeking help identifying the person or persons responsible for shooting into an occupied home in Somerset County early Sunday morning.
Maryland State Police from the Princess Anne Barrack responded to a home in the 8100-block of River Road, Westover, Md., after a man living there reported his residence had been shot at. The two occupants, a 55-year-old man and his mother, had not been injured, but the residence had been struck by gunfire.
He said he was asleep on a sofa around 5 a.m. in the living room when he heard multiple loud 'pops' outside his home. He then noticed what appeared to be bullet holes in his living room walls.
Looking out the window, the victim reported seeing a sedan leaving the area with red rectangular tail lights, each that appeared to be divided into three sections. The vehicle was last seen headed north on River Road.
Neighbors in the area told investigators they heard the shots fired this morning.
Anyone with information about this shooting is asked to contact Maryland State Police at the Princess Anne Barrack at 443.260.3700, or email@example.com. Callers may remain anonymous.
- U.S. Supreme Court: Dodd-Frank whistleblower protection is narrow
- Police: Suspects unsuccessful in getting property during Dover home invasion; investigation ongoing
- Traffic Alert: Lane closures for Route 1 NB announced for upcoming Kent Co. project
- Prison visits restricted as preventative flu measure in Del.
- UPDATE: Victim identified in Dover homicide; one arrested
- Worcester County STEM students offered opportunity to work in career fields