OCEAN CITY, Md. - Officials in Ocean City say police are investigating three separate incidents that happened overnight between Thursday and Friday.
At around 12:30 AM Friday, police responded to the 75th Street Medical Center where a man was seeking treatment after reportedly shooting himself in the leg. Officials say the man accidentally shot himself and that he was not licensed to be carrying a handgun. His injuries were not life threatening, police said.
Suspecting that the weapon may have been left on the beach, police closed off the beach between 81st Street and 85th Street to search for the gun. No weapon was found and police reopened the beach by 2:30 PM.
In an unrelated event at around 2:45 AM, officers responded to reports of shots fired in the area of 33rd Street and Philadelphia Avenue. Though no one was reported injured, police say one vehicle was reported damaged by gunfire.
Finally, police are investigating an overnight fight that resulted in one victim being injured and transported to Atlantic General Hospital. Though details are limited at this point, officials say the injuries appear to be caused by a stabbing.
This story will be updated as more details arrive on these incidents.
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers called in to do an emergency dredging of Ocean City inlet
- Dover man convicted for role in 2017 robbery, assault
- Teen charged in connection to assault incident in Caroline Co.
- Man arrested in connection to armed robbery in Caroline Co.
- Police: Multiple vehicles, a home hit in Smyrna shooting; investigation ongoing
- Foodie Friday: Tacos Chabelita