DEAL ISLAND, Md. - Some good news out of Deal Island where an elementary teacher won November's 'Teacher Who Makes A Difference' award.
Jennifer Jones is a teacher who pretty much does it all at Deal Island Elementary School. She teaches all of the special enrichment courses at the school from music to gym even computer studies.
47 ABC had the chance to surprise Jones Thursday during her music class as they rehearsed for their upcoming Christmas concert.
Jones says she loves what she does and the fact that she has the chance everyday to enrich so many skills through her courses.
She tells 47 ABC, "I hate when I have to miss school I always want to come here everyday and hangout these guys and have fun with them all day. I really like it when, you know, their brain lights up when they get something so that's what I'm in it for."
Now this is an award we do every month, so if you know of someone who you feel is making a positive impact in your community nominate that person any time by heading to our website.
- Pot hole season hits the Eastern Shore
- PRMC and ambulance company in hot water over Medicare fraud allegations
- Filing deadline quickly approaching for 2018 Gubernatorial Primary Election in Maryland
- UPDATE: Milton man charged in connection with fight at basketball game
- Judge says he can't grant home confinement to Del. prison guard
- Ex-psychiatric hospital workers plead to criminal charges in Del.