WICOMICO COUNTY, Md. - On Thursday, Wicomico County Health Department officials announced new immunization requirements and immunization clinic dates for the 2017-2018 school year.
According to the Health Department, the new requirements are that children entering kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades must have 2 doses of the Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine, and children entering 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th grades must have one dose of TDAP (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis) and one dose of the Meningococcal vaccine.
The Wicomico County Health Department says free, walk-in immunization clinics for children in these grades, who live in Wicomico County, will be held at the Fritz Health Center on West Carroll Street, in Salisbury. While no appointment is necessary, officials say that the clinics will only be held on certain days and times. Parents and guardians must bring the child's most recent vaccination record.
The dates and times for the clinics are:
August 16 from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
August 26 from 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM
September 11, 12, 14, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, and 28 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
October 2, 3, 4, and 5 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
For more information about the clinics, vaccines, or requirements, call the Wicomico County Health Department at 410-543-6943.
- Operation Southern Impact II nets 76 arrests in Southeastern U.S.
- Texas man arrested on drug charges in Del.
- Bill on past sexual assault evidence OK'd by Md. Senate
- Cash and jewelry taken in Dover burglary; investigation ongoing
- Former Del. government officials facing drug charges
- Md. House passes gun-control measures