SALISBURY, Md. - Salisbury University officially completed it's summer-long project and opened its new solar parking canopy near Conway Hall.
There are a number of beneficial components to this, like cheaper electricity and educational needs.
It will collect energy from the sun to help power adjacent academic buildings while providing shade for vehicles using the lot.
The canopy also provides the equivalent of 100% of the electricity required to power three SU residence halls.
The lot will even have five electric car charging stations, which triples the number of stations on campus. Adding to the two currently at Perdue Hall.
It was installed by Standard Solar, who will own and maintain this canopy for 20 years and then that ownership will go back to SU.
- Police investigate multiple cases of credit card fraud in Kent Co.
- Md. students protest guns outside White House
- Seventies film star pledges donation to UMES
- Md. officials preparing for spotted lanternfly invasion
- Police: Officer shot, killed intervening in domestic dispute in Md.
- UPDATE: Man arrested in connection to Salisbury slashing