OCEAN CITY, Md. - The town of Ocean City opened a new kid friendly amenity on its boardwalk Monday.
It's the city's first boardwalk playground and even though it just opened, it seems that kids are already loving it.
After a year of preparations, it's finally finished and what's neat about this kid structure is that it was entirely funded by a Department of Natural Resources grant.
The town's Director of Recreation and Parks, Susan Petito, is happy to finally have it open.
"It's a wonderful new amenity free amenity for the people here in the town of Ocean City and our visitors. It's a place for our kids to really take a break from the beach or from walking on the boardwalk and enjoy the various play structures we have along the boardwalk," explains Petito.
The playground is one of three free kid amenities on the boardwalk, since they also have the climbable dinosaur and whale.
- UPDATE: Officials: Shooter dead after shooting at a St. Mary's Co. high school
- New bombing 2 days after latest blast in Austin,Texas
- Local psychiatrist's license suspended amid allegations
- New pilot program instills love of sports and team building at Pocomoke Middle School
- City of Salisbury unveils new youth community center
- Horses rescued as investigation continues to unfold