WICOMICO COUNTY, Md. - Deputies say that as a result of a proactive enforcement initiative, multiple people were arrested on drug charges in Wicomico County.
According to the Wicomico County Sheriff's Office, members of the Community Action Team, along with members of the Criminal Investigative Division, conducted an initiative in Wicomico County.
As a result of the initiative, 31-year-old Earl Marshall of Princess Anne was arrested and charged with fleeing and eluding, possession with intent to distribute narcotics: crack cocaine, possession of a controlled dangerous substance, reckless endangerment, and related traffic charges.
29-year-old Rodney Spence of Princess Anne was arrested and charged with possession with intent to distribute narcotics: crack cocaine, possession of a controlled dangerous substance, and littering.
56-year-old Craig Gaines of Mardela Springs was arrested and charged with possession of a controlled dangerous substance: crack cocaine, and 38-year-old James McIntyre was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana greater than 10 grams.
Deputies say that the Community Action Team is a proactive unit of the Wicomico County Sheriff's Office which falls under the Criminal Investigative Division.
The Community Action Team's primary mission is to reportedly help the Criminal Investigative Division and conduct proactive enforcement in Wicomico County tackling nuisance issues.
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Kent Co.
- UPDATE: Seaford man pleads guilty for role in shooting death of 18-year-old man
- Man arrested on child pornography charges in Dover
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Sussex Co. rape and kidnapping case; Dover man out on bond
- UPDATE: Trial begins for one of six allegedly involved in 2017 murder of Salisbury man
- DSP: Body found in Dover; death investigation ongoing