FREDERICK, Md. (AP) - A Missouri man has been sentenced to life in prison in the 1996 rape and strangulation of a 15-year-old Maryland girl.
The Frederick County, Maryland, State's Attorney's Office said in a statement that 54-year-old Lloyd Harris of Kansas City, Missouri, was sentenced Wednesday in the death of Stacy Lynn Hoffmaster.
Harris was convicted of first-degree murder in November in Hoffmaster's death.
Hoffmaster's body was found in December 1996 under a blanket in a wooded area of Frederick where police say Harris had been living. She'd been missing nearly three months.
Harris was arrested in 2016 in Missouri and charged with Hoffmaster's slaying.
- Officials: School calendar changes approved after inclement weather in Talbot Co.
- Md. governor to propose $5B Amazon incentive package
- Amazon still considering District, Va. & Md. suburbs for new HQ
- Salisbury Police investigate report of shots fired; no one injured
- Ellendale man charged in connection with two burglaries in Del.
- Va. Senate approves raising felony theft threshold