CAROLINE COUNTY, Md. - A crash is under investigation after authorities say a Maryland man died as result of a Caroline County crash involving a tractor trailer.
Maryland State Police say on Tuesday, just after 6:30 PM, 50-year-old Brian Dulledge of Pikesville, was traveling westbound on MD Route 404, near River Road, when his Hyundai Santa Fe struck the back of a tractor trailer.
Troopers say the tractor trailer was being drive by 42-year-old Olanrewaj Aijke, of Smyrna.
According to the report, Aijke was not injured in the incident, but Dulledge was flown to Maryland Shock Trauma where he was pronounced dead upon arriving there.
Maryland Route 404 at River Road was closed to traffic in both directions for approximately one hour. Authorities say the Santa Fe was towed from the scene. The trailer was left on the shoulder and the truck tractor was also towed from the scene.
MSP was assisted by Paramedic 16 of Greensboro, MD, Station 300 of Denton Fire Department, MSP Crash Team, MSP Commercial Enforcement Division, MSP Trooper 6 and Caroline County Sheriff's Department.
This crash remains under investigation.
- Code Purple extends services as cold temps continue
- Police search for Del. man wanted on multiple charges
- Man charged in connection to 2017 incident at Somerset Co. Dept. of Social Services
- No one injured in Kent County house fire; cause identified
- Physician, 78, sentenced on Medicaid fraud, drug charges in Va.
- Deputies: Acetaminophen and oxycodone found during Dorchester Co. traffic stop; one arrested