DELMAR, Md. - A Wicomico County man was convicted for his involvement in a child's death after an autopsy revealed that his infant son sustained multiple injuries, including skull bone fractures.
The Office of the State's Attorney for Wicomico County says On March 13, 31-year-old Shane Lee Faucette of Delmar, MD, was convicted of child abuse first degree, resulting in death.The charge stems from an incident that happened in September 2017.
Faucette apparently admitted to repeatedly punching his 18-day-old son, Luke Faucette, in the head. Faucette was angry at the child for continuing to cry. Authorities say the 31-year-old delayed seeking medical attention for the child for approximately three hours.
According to officials, Doctors who treated the infant noted multiple blunt force head injuries, including contusions, abrasions, laceration of the face and head; skull bone fractures, hemorrhages, and other injuries. Officials say the autopsy revealed that the child had significant fractures to his skull and blood present on top of his brain. The child was apparently pronounced dead in Salisbury.
Faucette is expected to be sentenced on May 18 pending the completion of a pre-sentence investigation.
- UPDATE: Suspect sought in connection with fatal hit and run in Del.
- Authorities respond to reports of an explosion in Del.; investigation ongoing
- U.S. Army reverses course on discharging one immigrant recruit
- Authorities: Wanted inmate escaped during community service work in Del.
- Judge: Trial in Laquan McDonald shooting to start in Sept.
- UPDATE: Man arrested in connection with multiple Del. burglaries