ANNAPOLIS, Md. - (AP) - Gov. Larry Hogan has made it official: he's running for re-election.
Hogan and Lt. Gov. Boyd Rutherford filed their candidacies together at the state elections board on Thursday in Annapolis.
The Republican governor included a video of them entering the elections board offices on his Facebook page. He says he's going to continue to focus on working for the people of Maryland.
The filing deadline for candidates is Tuesday at 9 p.m.
It will be about four months before Hogan will know who his Democratic opponent will be due to a crowded Democratic primary.
The primary is June 26.
- Updated Wicomico County Department of Corrections awarded grant
- Updated 19th Annual Boardwalkin' for Pets to take place Saturday
- Updated Ocean City Wind Turbine Petition Gets Support from Mayor, City Council
- Updated Officials seek new borrow areas for Ocean City beach replenishment project
- Southwest Airlines offers apology, $5K, to passengers on damaged jet
- UPDATE: Two arrested in connection with 2017 murder investigation