WOODLAND BEACH, Md. (AP) - Firefighters in Maryland successfully rescued a dog that had fallen into a sinkhole.
Local news media outlets report that firefighters in Anne Arundel County and Annapolis responded Sunday after an 85-pound border collie fell into a sinkhole in Woodland Beach.
The Anne Arundel County Fire Department on Facebook that the dog was stuck six feet down the hole, which measured about two feet by two feet. The fire department says the dog was removed in about 90 minutes. It says the dog appeared uninjured.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Pot hole season hits the Eastern Shore
- PRMC and ambulance company in hot water over Medicare fraud allegations
- Filing deadline quickly approaching for 2018 Gubernatorial Primary Election in Maryland
- UPDATE: Milton man charged in connection with fight at basketball game
- Judge says he can't grant home confinement to Del. prison guard
- Ex-psychiatric hospital workers plead to criminal charges in Del.