ANNAPOLIS, Md. - (AP) - The Maryland Democratic Party has elected Kathleen Matthews to be the interim party chair.
The party voted for the Montgomery County resident Wednesday night.
Matthews is a former local television anchor who is married to MSNBC's "Hardball" host Chris Matthews. She ran in last year's primary for the 8th Congressional District, a race that was won by Rep. Jamie Raskin.
Matthews replaces outgoing chairman Bruce Poole, who served for two years.
The party will elect a chair to a four-year term in May.
- Gov. Hogan urges reauthorization of children's health program
- Two flown to Shock Trauma after four-vehicle crash in Easton
- Police: Trash truck fire closes down highway for over an hour in Talbot Co.
- Berlin home engulfed in blaze; Investigation ongoing
- Md. lawmakers update policy on sexual harassment
- United States budget deficit totals $138.5 billion in November