OCEAN CITY, Md. - (AP) - Maryland state Sen. Richard Madaleno is announcing plans to introduce legislation to fight air pollution.
The Montgomery County Democrat will be in Ocean City on Friday to talk about threats that industrial animal operations pose in rural areas.
Madaleno is announcing the legislation during a four-day conference aimed at discussing pollution caused by animal operations such as poultry houses.
- Worcester County STEM students offered opportunity to work in career fields
- Not My Child hopes to continue conversation about opioids
- Dover sewage failure investigation continues
- Inmate claims "torture" after JTVCC uprising; DOC and COAD deny claims
- Day One of Hammond Taylor trial
- Officials: Students and staff safe after threat reported to Pocomoke High's main office