OCEAN CITY, Md. - Maryland workers will see a larger paycheck now that the minimum wage as of July 1st will increase to $10.10.
According to Maryland state law, minimum wage will go up by a dollar each year until July 2022 when it reaches 15 dollars.
According to local businesses, the increase does not really hurt them and it benefits seasonal employees.
"If you are doing good business, I don't mind to pay 10 dollar minimum wage," said the Ocean Mist's Manager, Naginder Choudhar.
"When you do good business I don't mind to pay," said Choudhar.
"We have lots of kids working here Irish and European kids, and they're all doing fine, and no one is going to get laid off or anything," said the Golden Plate Sub Shop Manager, Jasmine Yilmaz.
- Health Officials: Get children vaccinated before school starts
- Trimper's Rides celebrates 125th Anniversary
- Kayaktivists make a big splash during 'Float For The Coast'
- Foodie Friday: Lefty's Alley & Eats
- Wicomico County Fair returns for its 82nd year
- Suspect sought in connection with Del. hit and run investigation