OCEAN CITY, Md. - Mary Beth Carozza is jumping into the State Senate race.
She made the announcement on Sunday at Ocean City Elementary School, a school that she attended as a child.
Governor Larry Hogan said he believes Carozza's past as a public servant makes her an excellent candidate.
Carozza has been a member of the Maryland House of Delegates since 2015.
Prior to that, she had worked as a staffer for several Congressional Republicans.
Carozza is an Ocean City native and said she is looking forward to representing her hometown.
Carozza said, "With your continued encouragement and support, I will work to earn the trust of all the voters in District 38 and I intend to be the next State Senator from District 38."
For more information on Carozza, you can visit her website MaryBethCarozza.com.
- Del. officials remind beachgoers of rules that will take effect
- Salisbury Mayor Jake Day discusses priorities of proposed FY 2019 budget
- New Maryland law aims to reduce demand for puppy mill dogs
- Cambridge showing new job opportunities through Facebook posts
- Investigation continues into controversial KIHS video
- Bus passenger arrested on drug charges in Md.