OCEAN CITY, MD- A 61-year-old New York man led Ocean City police on an intense 20 mile-long chase early Saturday morning when they spotted a car driving erratically in the Inlet Lot.
Michael Gallahad was the man behind the wheel. The chase began at 1 a.m. when Gallahad left the lot and drove onto South Second Street. He eventually made his way onto the Ocean City boardwalk, narrowly missing pedestrians, according to officials.
There were no injuries and the chase ended in Delaware, just north of Bethany Beach, where Ocean City Police issued 27 tickets in connection with the case.
Additional traffic citations and criminal charges could be pending.
- PRMC now offers minimally invasive brain surgery
- Salisbury traffic stop leads to drug charges for Pa. man
- Foodie Friday: Watermen's Inn
- UPDATE: International sex offender sentenced for rape of Del. child
- UPDATE: Wanted inmate in custody after escape from Del. correctional center
- Police search for suspects involved in Milford strong armed robbery