OCEAN CITY, Md. - Police say that officers responded to the report of an unconscious person in the bay on Thursday morning.
According to Ocean City Police, at 10:50 a.m., police and fire departments responded to 14th street and the bay.
When they got there, officers learned that a 24-year-old man of Hazelton, Pennsylvania, dove from the bulkhead in to the bay.
Police say that thanks to the efforts of several good Samaritans, the victim was brought onto a citizen's boat and to a nearby pier to meet responding officers and paramedics.
The victim was then taken by Ocean City EMS to Atlantic General Hospital. He was later flown by Maryland State Police trooper four to Johns Hopkins Medical Campus where he is currently in critical condition.
- Over 100 doses of alprazolam found in Dover; two charged
- Police: Man wanted after woman was slashed in assault incident in Salisbury
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Kent Co.
- UPDATE: Seaford man pleads guilty for role in shooting death of 18-year-old man
- Man arrested on child pornography charges in Dover
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Sussex Co. rape and kidnapping case; Dover man out on bond