CAMBRIDGE, Md. - A man was taken into custody in Pennsylvania, after officials say he hindered an investigation following an March 2017 overdose death, in Dorchester County.
The Office of the State's Attorney for Dorchester County says on Thursday, William Franklin Brooks, III was arrested his role in hindering the investigation of the overdose death that happened in Dorchester County. Officials say Brooks was taken into custody in Pennsylvania.
Authorities report that charges against Brooks include of obstruction of justice, altering physical evidence, and possession of a controlled dangerous substance. The charges apparently stem from the March 2017 death of Roxanne Willey.
According to officials, the charges allege that Brooks obstructed the investigation following the overdose death, not that he was responsible for the death.
He is currently being held in Pennsylvania pending extradition proceedings.
The State's Attorney for Dorchester County says that the charge is an allegation, and that all persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court.
- UPDATE: Leader of Del. criminal network sentenced
- Wicomico Co. house fire results in $100K in damages; investigation ongoing
- Texas bombing victim accepted at Oberlin before death
- UPDATE: Del. court rejects appeal of woman in daycare death
- Former teacher, coach pleads guilty to child porn charges in Md.
- Woman convicted for role in 2017 chase in Wicomico County