HEBRON, Md. - Police have arrested a man for burglary after he forced himself into a couple's home Thursday night in Hebron.
The Wicomico County Sheriff's Office responded to the 100 block of East Walnut Street just after 11:00 PM Thursday evening.
Officers say the suspect, Aaron Matthews, allegedly banged down the front door to get inside. The residents struggled against this subject and managed to force him onto the front porch. He then fled after learning that police had been called.
Police also discovered that Matthews did know the victims-- he was located shortly after and taken into custody. He now faces charges of Burglary, Assault, and Malicious Destruction of Property. He is currently being held at the Wicomico County Detention Center without bond.
- No one injured in Kent County house fire; cause identified
- Physician, 78, sentenced on Medicaid fraud, drug charges in Va.
- Deputies: Acetaminophen and oxycodone found during Dorchester Co. traffic stop; one arrested
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in connection to Salisbury homicide investigation
- Officials: Teacher suffers minor injury after fight at Wicomico Co. school
- United Airlines suspends new reservations for pets in cargo hold