FEDERALSBURG, Md. - Police in Dorchester County say that a man they arrested for armed robbery and carjacking was also wanted for rape and attempted murder.
Police say 44-year-old Gerald Lashawn Graves- was arrested around 7 AM this morning at a Denton apartment complex, after he stormed into a Federalsburg convenience store.
While there, he allegedly demanded cash, threatened a clerk and threatened another person in the parking lot with a weapon before stealing her car.
Police say that Graves was also wanted by the Caroline County Sheriff's Office for an investigation involving rape and attempted murder that happened on Friday, April 13th.
Graves was taken to a local hospital after he was arrested and is currently being treated for a hand injury. Officials say that once he's released, he will be taken to the Caroline County Detention Center.
Graves is charged with armed carjacking, armed robbery, as well as first and second degree assault, among other charges.
- Several Governors form group to study gun violence, offer solutions
- Police: 85-year-old woman dead after Md. crash
- Budget to draw Va. Senate back to work on May 14
- Pastor arrested on child pornography charges in Del.
- President Trump meeting with Apple's Tim Cook on trade
- Police: Four teen suspects arrested in teacher's carjacking