SALISBURY, Md. - A man is currently in custody, after deputies say he tried to get into a home where a juvenile's birthday party was being held, in Wicomico County. The 20-year-old is facing multiple charges including resisting arrest after he reportedly kicked a deputy in the chin.
The Wicomico County Sheriff's Office says on Saturday, just after 9:30 PM, a deputy responded to a reported disturbance, in the 2300 block of Pine Way, in Salisbury. Deputies say a man later identified as 20-year-old George Mister, of Deal Island, attempted to enter a home where a child's birthday party was being held.
According to the report, Mister was telling to individuals at the home that he wanted to join the party as he was trying to push the door open that was being held closed. Mister apparently left before the deputy's arrival. After following Mister's tracks in the snow, authorities say they found him hiding in the parking lot of a nearby car dealership.
Law enforcement says the 20-year-old was found to be under the influence of alcohol and was uncooperative with the deputy, resisting the effort to be taken into custody. At one point during the arrest, Mister kicked the deputy in the chin.
Mister was charged with burglary fourth degree, disorderly conduct, intoxicated and causing a public disturbance, assault second degree, and resisting arrest. He is currently being held at the Wicomico County Detention Center on bond pending future bond review.
- Pot hole season hits the Eastern Shore
- PRMC and ambulance company in hot water over Medicare fraud allegations
- Filing deadline quickly approaching for 2018 Gubernatorial Primary Election in Maryland
- UPDATE: Milton man charged in connection with fight at basketball game
- Judge says he can't grant home confinement to Del. prison guard
- Ex-psychiatric hospital workers plead to criminal charges in Del.