SALISBURY, Md. - The Buffalo Wild Wings in Salisbury and Rehoboth Beach raised funds Wednesday for Operation We Care, sharing a cut of its sales with the organization.
Operation We Care is a non-profit that sends care packages to troops stationed overseas, including but not limited to non-perishable hygiene and food products.
The fundraising partnership is in its third year, and the success of the fundraising effort has increased each of the last two years.
The money raised will go toward the postage used to send packages overseas and buy materials sent to our troops.
"That continues our efforts to support not only our community, but also the military serving overseas. It funds our postage to ship the packages, as well as purchasing any of the supplies anything that we need to send over," said fundraising coordinator Enid Kelley.
If you missed the event Wednesday, there are ways for you to help out. Visit operationwecare.org for ways to get involved or to donate to the cause.
- UPDATE: Officials: Shooter dead after shooting at a St. Mary's Co. high school
- New bombing 2 days after latest blast in Austin,Texas
- Local psychiatrist's license suspended amid allegations
- New pilot program instills love of sports and team building at Pocomoke Middle School
- City of Salisbury unveils new youth community center
- Horses rescued as investigation continues to unfold