SALISBURY, Md. - One local man is doing what he can to remember and honor those who lost their lives in Las Vegas earlier this week.
After the terrible tragedy Richard Pope was inspired to bring people together in solidarity. He decided to carry a cross around Salisbury.
But this isn't just any cross, Pope put the names of the Vegas victim's and their pictures all over it.
He also placed purple dots to represent all of those injured in the massacre.
"We hear the numbers but I think sometimes we disassociate that like it's not a real person and we just think numbers. But for me it was just like wow these were real lives torn apart and the cross, regardless of your religious belief, the story of the cross is a story of a tragic thing turned into something beautiful," says Pope.
- Mumps outbreak linked to Hispanic dance festival in Del.
- UPDATE: Gold Alert canceled for Harrington man
- Two charged in connection to Accomack County rape investigation
- Md. House OKs budget after school safety debate
- Officials rule Dorchester Co. fire as accidental
- UPDATE: Suspect arrested in connection to Del. shooting