SALISBURY, Md. - Winter is officially upon us.
While most us might be reaching for our coats during this chilly time, car specialists are reminding folks to prep their cars for the season.
Delaware Tires tells 47 ABC it's important that people get their batteries tested, in fact cold weather is one of the biggest causes of dead batteries.
Another tip is check the air pressure of your tires and coolant levels.
"It will minimize downtime, you won't run into the emergency situation where you are stuck in parking lot or stick outside, the grocery store," says Allen Cress, the Service Manager at Delaware Tires.
Cress also adds that a good way to avoid rust and corrosion caused by salt, is to wash your cars frequently during the winter.
- Celebrating the inauguration in Eastern Shore style
- Biden: "When I die, Del. will be written on my heart"
- Thyroid Awareness Month promotes for those to check your neck
- A Salisbury man who allegedly kept his wife captive withdrew mandatory motions
- Officials: Water main break in Ocean City causing damage
- Drivers injured in Bridgeville crash, police say
Photos from around Delmarva during and after the January 7th snow.Read More »