SALISBURY, Md. - Winter is officially upon us.
While most us might be reaching for our coats during this chilly time, car specialists are reminding folks to prep their cars for the season.
Delaware Tires tells 47 ABC it's important that people get their batteries tested, in fact cold weather is one of the biggest causes of dead batteries.
Another tip is check the air pressure of your tires and coolant levels.
"It will minimize downtime, you won't run into the emergency situation where you are stuck in parking lot or stick outside, the grocery store," says Allen Cress, the Service Manager at Delaware Tires.
Cress also adds that a good way to avoid rust and corrosion caused by salt, is to wash your cars frequently during the winter.
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- Disabled Ellendale man fatally struck by driver who was looking for him
- Hogan aides unblock people from governor's Facebook page
- Environmentalists push for preserving Maryland's forests
- Lawsuit challenges political balance on Delaware courts
- New House bill would crack down on massage parlors
Photos from around Delmarva during and after the January 7th snow.Read More »