SALISBURY, Md. - Winter is officially upon us.
While most us might be reaching for our coats during this chilly time, car specialists are reminding folks to prep their cars for the season.
Delaware Tires tells 47 ABC it's important that people get their batteries tested, in fact cold weather is one of the biggest causes of dead batteries.
Another tip is check the air pressure of your tires and coolant levels.
"It will minimize downtime, you won't run into the emergency situation where you are stuck in parking lot or stick outside, the grocery store," says Allen Cress, the Service Manager at Delaware Tires.
Cress also adds that a good way to avoid rust and corrosion caused by salt, is to wash your cars frequently during the winter.
- Gun in carry-on leads to charges against Delaware senator
- Dover man sentenced after being caught with a gun twice in six months
- Cheswold man sentenced after raping, then trying to hire someone to kill his wife
- Carper says repealing ACA would cripple the fight against opioid addiction
- Millsboro man pleads guilty to robbery and other charges
- Rehoboth man convicted of robbery and carjacking