SALISBURY, Md. - Winter is officially upon us.
While most us might be reaching for our coats during this chilly time, car specialists are reminding folks to prep their cars for the season.
Delaware Tires tells 47 ABC it's important that people get their batteries tested, in fact cold weather is one of the biggest causes of dead batteries.
Another tip is check the air pressure of your tires and coolant levels.
"It will minimize downtime, you won't run into the emergency situation where you are stuck in parking lot or stick outside, the grocery store," says Allen Cress, the Service Manager at Delaware Tires.
Cress also adds that a good way to avoid rust and corrosion caused by salt, is to wash your cars frequently during the winter.
- Poultry worker advocates rally outside Salisbury Perdue facility
- Maryland governor to eulogize his father on Saturday
- Maryland man indicted on racketeering charges in Delaware
- Lake Forest educator awarded as 'Teacher Who Makes A Difference'
- Decomposed whale washes up near Delaware Bay
- Updated UPDATE: State Trooper fatally shot at Bear Wawa; suspect barricaded in Middletown home