SALISBURY, Md. - Winter is officially upon us.
While most us might be reaching for our coats during this chilly time, car specialists are reminding folks to prep their cars for the season.
Delaware Tires tells 47 ABC it's important that people get their batteries tested, in fact cold weather is one of the biggest causes of dead batteries.
Another tip is check the air pressure of your tires and coolant levels.
"It will minimize downtime, you won't run into the emergency situation where you are stuck in parking lot or stick outside, the grocery store," says Allen Cress, the Service Manager at Delaware Tires.
Cress also adds that a good way to avoid rust and corrosion caused by salt, is to wash your cars frequently during the winter.
- Wicomico Co. man found guilty on sex abuse of a minor, assault charges
- Accomack Co. man convicted of animal cruelty for shooting dog
- Lewes man charged with assault for reported abuse of foster child
- McAuliffe vetoes concealed guns for victims bill
- Dover man passes away from injuries sustained in early March crash
- Hogan vows veto of bill on low-performing schools
Photos from around Delmarva during and after the January 7th snow.Read More »