SALISBURY, Md. - Residents on Delmarva will be soon have a new fix for their sweet tooth, that's because Krispy Kreme will be opening its doors in Salisbury.
SVN Miller Commercial Real Estate, the agency involved in bringing the first Krispy Kreme to Maryland's Eastern Shore says this has been a three year long project.
Wesley Cox, the Senior Advisor at SVN Miller Commercial Real Estate says it started with listening to folks on what type of businesses they wanted to see come to the area. He says Krispy Kreme was a popular request.
The donut shop will replace the former Bay Country Meals building on Route 13 and is expected to bring new jobs to the area.
"They'll probably have 20 plus jobs here at the property, and have all brand new equipment," says Cox.
Krispy Kreme is expected to open in April, but no exact date has been set.
- Updated Local sheriff's office to host active shooter seminar
- Local crews work to clear downed trees
- Tips to confront loved ones battling addiction, as overdose deaths rise during holidays
- Updated Made On Delmarva: Dolle's Candyland
- Death threat e-mail scam alert
- Md. lawmakers update sex misconduct rules