SALISBURY, Md. - Residents on Delmarva will be soon have a new fix for their sweet tooth, that's because Krispy Kreme will be opening its doors in Salisbury.
SVN Miller Commercial Real Estate, the agency involved in bringing the first Krispy Kreme to Maryland's Eastern Shore says this has been a three year long project.
Wesley Cox, the Senior Advisor at SVN Miller Commercial Real Estate says it started with listening to folks on what type of businesses they wanted to see come to the area. He says Krispy Kreme was a popular request.
The donut shop will replace the former Bay Country Meals building on Route 13 and is expected to bring new jobs to the area.
"They'll probably have 20 plus jobs here at the property, and have all brand new equipment," says Cox.
Krispy Kreme is expected to open in April, but no exact date has been set.
- Juvenile killer loses appeal for prison assault in Del.
- Nor'easter snow blankets The First State
- Del. braves another nor'easter
- Talbot County road crews, all hands on deck
- COAD begs for more correctional officers; current CO's working multiple overtime shifts
- Surfrider Foundation's Ocean City chapter encourages people to go strawless this summer