SALISBURY, Md. - An organization that is making local students a priority, is Kid's Cafe, which is through Salisbury Urban Ministries.
The purpose of it is to provide a safe learning environment for children that live in the Church Street area.
Organizers say kids are picked up after school and are given a hot lunch as well as help with their school work.
Since kicking off the program, officials tell us they've seen an impact in local youth and their parents.
"We're not just looking at the academic part of it but as the child as a whole, we want to meet their basic needs, maybe they need new shoes or new clothing, personal hygiene," says Debbie Donaway the Executive Director at Salisbury Urban Ministries.
The Kid's Cafe as well as other programs under Salisbury Urban Ministries operate with the help of donations. The organization will be having a fundraising event on Sunday, February 25th at 3 PM at the Christ United Methodist Church.
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Kent Co.
- UPDATE: Seaford man pleads guilty for role in shooting death of 18-year-old man
- Man arrested on child pornography charges in Dover
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Sussex Co. rape and kidnapping case; Dover man out on bond
- UPDATE: Trial begins for one of six allegedly involved in 2017 murder of Salisbury man
- DSP: Body found in Dover; death investigation ongoing