WICOMICO COUNTY, Md. - A lifelong Wicomico County resident and Salisbury University alumna has announced her candidacy for the State's Attorney position.
Jamie Dykes was formerly the assistant to the State's Attorney for 9 years.
In 2015, she left to pursue a private practice but now, she said she is excited to have the opportunity to once again serve the public and make a difference.
Dykes said she understands that to make a difference, you have to work as a team with other county officials.
She said she has specific goals in mind for her candidacy. “As State’s Attorney, I will focus on all areas, all divisions, all specialties. I will assign the best people to those positions to help us affect change and safety for citizens,” she said.
So far, Dykes is the sole candidate for the State's Attorney position.
Ella Disharoon served as the previous Wicomico County State's Attorney.
The mission of the State's Attorney is to ensure that justice is served to those who violate Maryland laws.
- Crisfield woman charged in connection with heroin investigation
- Gov. Hogan: health care law repeal doesn't work for Maryland
- Officials: Man electrocuted after performing landscaping duties in Wicomico Co.
- Man arrested in connection to Salisbury assault
- UPDATE: SR 1 northbound and southbound at Cullen Bridge open to drivers
- UPDATE: Queen Anne's Co. man charged in connection to arson fire