HURLOCK, Md. - Fundraising efforts continue to pop up through out Delmarva in order to help those victims affected by Hurricane Harvey in Texas.
In Hurlock, their town office is currently collecting donations.
Their efforts started just yesterday and people have already come forward with all multiple bags of necessities.
Harbor Transport in Federalsburg stepped up to provide a truck to transport all these donations to Texas.
You can come anytime between 8 a.m.-4 p.m. to drop off essentials.
Hurlock Mayor says they are asking for things such as pet food and even leashes for those animals. Along with personal hygiene products, under garments and clothes. Even gift cards can be helpful.
Mayor Joyce Spratt says they were hoping to head out by the beginning of next week but they were asked to wait a few more days until everyone is evacuated.
Until then, you can donate at their drop off location on 311 Charles Street.
- Wicomico Emergency Services responds to Hawaii's false missile alert
- Local accountants explain the new tax plan
- Missing Dover man: Jimmy Klein
- AARP announces tax prep dates beginning in Feb.
- UPDATE: Hiring process open for upcoming Chick-Fil-A in Millsboro
- MLK III calls out President Trump on alleged immigration comments