SALISBURY, Md. - It's warm outside, but that doesn't mean that all the rules that apply to pest don't apply this year.
Unfortunately, as you well know, it is that time of year again and the fruit flies are back to wreak havoc on your homes.
That's right,these fruit flies are making their way into our homes in record numbers.
That’s why we reached out to a local exterminator for some tips to get these irritating little bugs out of your house.
Advanced Pest Management in Salisbury tells us there's no way to fully eradicate these flies, but there are ways to reduce them.
One way is by making sure all food is put away in sealed plastic of glass containers and cover not just fruit, but vegetables and sweets too.
The next is putting bleach down all the drains in the bathrooms and kitchen, since those serve as breeding grounds.
Thomas says putting bleach down your drains and using that vinegar technique could get rid of about 80 percent of the fruit flies.
Unfortunately, he says it’s hard to get rid of that 20 percent until the weather gets colder.
- Cosby jury begins deliberations
- Former Md. police officer sentenced for lying on timesheets
- Man in custody after police find over 4,000 bags of heroin in Del.
- UPDATE: Del. felon surrenders to authorities
- Supreme Court to hear arguments against travel ban
- Governor announces new land conservation strategy in Va.