ASSATEAGUE, Md. - On Thursday, a horse was found dead on Assateague Island.
47 A-B-C spoke with Liz Davis, the Chief of Interpretation at Assateague Island National Seashore, about the matter.
Davis says that this wasn't a particularly old horse and that the horse was found in the campground area. The cause of death is unknown and an investigation is currently underway.
47 ABC will continue to give you more details on this investigation as they become available.
- Salisbury Zoo hosts 30 annual Earth Day celebration
- A mother's Facebook plea helps put a sex offender back behind bars
- Wicomico County Department of Corrections awarded grant
- 19th Annual Boardwalkin' for Pets to take place Saturday
- Ocean City Wind Turbine Petition Gets Support from Mayor, City Council
- Officials seek new borrow areas for Ocean City beach replenishment project