SALISBURY, Md. - A Salisbury man was arrested, after deputies say that they found heroin in a vehicle, during a traffic stop in Wicomico County.
The Wicomico County Sheriff's Office says that their Community Action Team pulled over a vehicle in the area of Eastern Shore Drive and Clemwood Street, in Salisbury, on July 24. Authorities say that they identified the driver as 42-year-old Richard Kelly, of Salisbury
According to the report, a positive alert from a K9 during a scan of the vehicle prompted a search of the vehicle and Kelly. Deputies say that they found a 5.5 grams heroin, along with seven individually wrapped folds containing more heroin.
According to officials, Kelly was arrested and charged with possession with the intent to deliver narcotic and possession of heroin. Kelly was later turned over to the Wicomico County Detention Center, where he is currently being held on $15,000 bail.
- Code Purple extends services as cold temps continue
- Police search for Del. man wanted on multiple charges
- Man charged in connection to 2017 incident at Somerset Co. Dept. of Social Services
- No one injured in Kent County house fire; cause identified
- Physician, 78, sentenced on Medicaid fraud, drug charges in Va.
- Deputies: Acetaminophen and oxycodone found during Dorchester Co. traffic stop; one arrested