BERLIN, Md. - Eastern Shore representative Andy Harris addressed constituents at a town hall at Stephen Decatur Middle School in Berlin.
During the hour-long session multiple topics were covered, including Medicaid and nursing homes, and one hot button topic in particular - the continuing string of school shootings.
Harris blamed mental health, calling for an increase in the number of mental health experts in schools.
Congressman Harris was also asked about the Ocean City wind farm project, and says he sides with locals who want the project pushed offshore to protect business.
"If the neighbors oppose it, I will oppose it," asserted Harris. "The federal government doesn't have any right to come in and put it next to you if you don't want that project. The strong arm of federal government shouldn't do it. I'm going to support Ocean City, and again some of us are going to disagree. I think that's my role is to support Ocean City."
This town hall is the latest in a string of town halls he has hosted on the eastern shore in the run up to the Republican primary for the Maryland District 1 seat on June 26.
- Broadband networks to expand to Accomack County
- Meeting held to explain golf cart laws to residents
- Keeping pets protected as the weather heats up
- UPDATE: Salisbury attempted murder suspect arrested in Pa.
- Del. woman arrested after allegedly making meth during traffic stop
- Md. governor signs gun violence prevention bills