CAROLINE COUNTY, Md. - Deputies say that a man was arrested on firearm charges after violating probation last Sunday, in Greensboro.
According to the Caroline County Sheriff's Office, deputies responded to North Academy Avenue in Greensboro, for the report of a domestic incident in progress.
Upon arrival, contact was made with Walter John Shinn III, who left the home allegedly carrying a loaded Winchester Model 1200 20 gauge shotgun.
Shinn reportedly told law enforcement that he was on supervised probation. Deputies say that further investigation showed that Shinn was not allowed to have a firearm or ammunition.
Shinn was taken into custody and charged with illegal possession of a firearm and illegal possession of ammunition.
Shinn was subsequently taken before a Caroline County District Court Commissioner and released on his personal recognizance.
- Locals rally in DC for March For Life
- Community writes notes of love on framing of military veteran's new home
- Local high school offers student thrift store
- Wicomico High Schools host opioid awareness day
- Wayne Hartman announces candidacy for State Delegate 38C
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers called in to do an emergency dredging of Ocean City inlet