GREENSBORO, Md. - Maryland State Police say a Greensboro man was arrested Friday morning on charges of distribution and possession of child pornography.
Alexander Cowell, 30, faces 20 counts of possession of child pornography and four counts of distributing child pornography.
Back in March, Maryland State Police investigators assigned to the Maryland Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force received reports of an individual actively downloading child pornography, officials said. Police say further investigation led authorities to obtain a search warrant for a residence in Greensboro.
When executing the search warrant, police recovered computer equipment owned by Cowell that reportedly contained several video files of child pornography.
Officials say Cowell is currently waiting to be seen by a Caroline County Court Commissioner.
- DSP: Body found in Dover; death investigation ongoing
- UPDATE: Officials: Cause identified in Dorchester Co. house fire
- Transit police officer convicted in terrorism case regrets behavior
- U.S. Supreme Court rejects two gun rights appeals
- VDOT: Mt. Prospect Bridge opens after road work in Accomack Co.
- Traffic Alert: Isabella Street closed for Dept. of Water Works project in Salisbury