SALISBURY, Md. - Officials say on Monday that a Bridgeville contractor purchased 88 lots in Salisbury.
According to an official with SVN - Miller Commercial Real Estate, Insight Homes purchased the lots on East Naylor Mil Road for $500,000.
The plan is to reportedly build 88 new townhomes in phases that residents will get to rent. The homes will be highly energy efficient with custom "green" construction done by Insight Homes. Officials say this will save residents thousands of dollars over time.
Insight has reportedly won several national awards for their "green construction" and they are in the top 1% in the nation for energy efficiency.
Officials say that among the upgrades, each unit will have to make it "green," they will also have upgrades including granite and stainless steel appliances.
Officials say that once Insight completes the remaining site work construction, they will start working on the units most likely in the late summer or early fall with units becoming available this coming winter.
It unclear how much they will cost but Insight will reportedly soon start taking reservations.
- After Florida shooting, Millsboro PD says they're prepped for an active shooting situation
- College of William & Mary picks first woman as president in 325 years
- Over 100 doses of alprazolam found in Dover; two charged
- Police: Man wanted after woman was slashed in assault incident in Salisbury
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Kent Co.
- UPDATE: Seaford man pleads guilty for role in shooting death of 18-year-old man