WESTOVER, Md. - Police say that a Georgia man was arrested on drug and gun charges in Westover on Monday afternoon.
According to Maryland State Police Princess Anne Barrack, on Monday at 5:37 p.m., a trooper stopped a car for speeding on U.S. Route 13 southbound in the area of Lake Somerset Campground in Westover.
Upon contacting the driver, police say that the trooper smelled a strong odor of marijuana coming from inside the car.
A probable cause search of the vehicle reportedly found 14.2 grams of marijuana and a nine millimeter handgun in the passenger compartment of the vehicle, which was immediately accessible to the driver.
The driver was identified as 24-year-old Jamel Norwood of Georgia. Norwood was processed and transported to the Somerset County Commissioners Office where he was ordered to be held on $10,000 bond at the Somerset County Detention Center.
- Wicomico Co. real estate agent, council candidate arrested on DUI charges
- Md. man convicted in 2017 death of 18-day-old child
- Senior citizen guilty in Wicomico Co. sex abuse case
- Del. DOC searching for wanted Dover inmate
- Multiple arrests made in drug/gun investigation
- Cape Henlopen Passes Referendum Vote