BERLIN, Md. - A gas company in Berlin is making repairs on a ruptured gas line that forced temporary evacuations of several homes in the area.
The Berlin Fire Company said construction crews were digging into the ground at the intersection of Williams Street and Franklin Avenue when they accidentally hit a gas line, causing it to rupture.
The Berlin, Ocean Pines and Showell Fire Company’s all responded to the scene.
The leak was stopped around 12 p.m. Saturday, but the gas company remains on sight to finish repairing the lines.
The Berlin Fire Company said the location is now safe and no injuries have been reported.
The road remains closed off at this time.
- Traffic Alert: Lane closures for Route 1 NB announced for upcoming Kent Co. project
- Prison visits restricted as preventative flu measure in Del.
- UPDATE: Victim identified in Dover homicide; one arrested
- Worcester County STEM students offered opportunity to work in career fields
- Not My Child hopes to continue conversation about opioids
- Dover sewage failure investigation continues