MARYLAND - U.S senators from Maryland Ben Cardin and Chris Van Hollen have announced more than 10 million dollars in federal funding to fight the state's opioid health crisis.
The grant is funded by the 21st Century Cures Act which was signed into law by former President Obama last year.
The act authorizes the funds for opioid abuse response efforts such as putting in place prevention programs, training health care workers, and expanding access to opioid treatment programs.
- Salisbury Zoo hosts 30 annual Earth Day celebration
- A mother's Facebook plea helps put a sex offender back behind bars
- Wicomico County Department of Corrections awarded grant
- 19th Annual Boardwalkin' for Pets to take place Saturday
- Ocean City Wind Turbine Petition Gets Support from Mayor, City Council
- Officials seek new borrow areas for Ocean City beach replenishment project