47 ABC - Food Lion announced a voluntary recall of its store brand Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits.
The grocery store shared the announcement on its website saying the recall is out of caution, after being notified by its manufacturer the product may contain listeria monocytogenes.
Food Lion says there have been no reports of illnesses to date. But the product is being recalled as a precautionary measure after T. Marzetti Company, the manufacturer of the product, says there was a possible contamination issue with Listeria monocytogenes at one of its plants.
Food Lion says it removed all affected product from its shelves and urges customers to return the product to their local Food Lion store for a full refund.
Customers may also contact Food Lion's Customer Support Center at 1-800-210-9569.
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers called in to do an emergency dredging of Ocean City inlet
- Dover man convicted for role in 2017 robbery, assault
- Teen charged in connection to assault incident in Caroline Co.
- Man arrested in connection to armed robbery in Caroline Co.
- Police: Multiple vehicles, a home hit in Smyrna shooting; investigation ongoing
- Updated Foodie Friday: Tacos Chabelita