47 ABC - Food Lion announced a voluntary recall of its store brand Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits.
The grocery store shared the announcement on its website saying the recall is out of caution, after being notified by its manufacturer the product may contain listeria monocytogenes.
Food Lion says there have been no reports of illnesses to date. But the product is being recalled as a precautionary measure after T. Marzetti Company, the manufacturer of the product, says there was a possible contamination issue with Listeria monocytogenes at one of its plants.
Food Lion says it removed all affected product from its shelves and urges customers to return the product to their local Food Lion store for a full refund.
Customers may also contact Food Lion's Customer Support Center at 1-800-210-9569.
- Salisbury Mayor Jake Day discusses priorities of proposed FY 2019 budget
- New Maryland law aims to reduce demand for puppy mill dogs
- Cambridge showing new job opportunities through Facebook posts
- Investigation continues into controversial KIHS video
- Bus passenger arrested on drug charges in Md.
- Several Governors form group to study gun violence, offer solutions