SALISBURY, Md. - The first medical marijuana dispensary on the Eastern Shore was officially cleared with the State of Maryland on Monday. The dispensary is now set to open it's doors in the coming weeks.
The State Commission in charge voted unanimously to award Peninsula Alternative Health their dispensary license.
The founders of the company said this is something that's been in the works for three years.
They said they submitted their first application years ago, then had to submit a second application where the state came to inspect their facility, and today was their last step of getting approved.
With that final barrier crossed, they're excited all of their years of hard work and dedication is finally paying off.
Anthony Darby, the CEO of Peninsula Alternative Health, said, "It feels amazing. Like I mentioned, this has been three years of work. We've put a lot of blood sweat and tears into this so this is something we're really happy to see coming to fruition and kind of feel like our hard work is starting to pay off."
The founders of the dispensary say they are looking forward to providing customers with more local information about medical marijuana and it's health benefits.
- Over 100 doses of alprazolam found in Dover; two charged
- Police: Man wanted after woman was slashed in assault incident in Salisbury
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Kent Co.
- UPDATE: Seaford man pleads guilty for role in shooting death of 18-year-old man
- Man arrested on child pornography charges in Dover
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Sussex Co. rape and kidnapping case; Dover man out on bond