SALISBURY, Md. - The first medical marijuana dispensary on the Eastern Shore was officially cleared with the State of Maryland on Monday. The dispensary is now set to open it's doors in the coming weeks.
The State Commission in charge voted unanimously to award Peninsula Alternative Health their dispensary license.
The founders of the company said this is something that's been in the works for three years.
They said they submitted their first application years ago, then had to submit a second application where the state came to inspect their facility, and today was their last step of getting approved.
With that final barrier crossed, they're excited all of their years of hard work and dedication is finally paying off.
Anthony Darby, the CEO of Peninsula Alternative Health, said, "It feels amazing. Like I mentioned, this has been three years of work. We've put a lot of blood sweat and tears into this so this is something we're really happy to see coming to fruition and kind of feel like our hard work is starting to pay off."
The founders of the dispensary say they are looking forward to providing customers with more local information about medical marijuana and it's health benefits.
- A mother's Facebook plea helps put a sex offender back behind bars
- Wicomico County Department of Corrections awarded grant
- 19th Annual Boardwalkin' for Pets to take place Saturday
- Ocean City Wind Turbine Petition Gets Support from Mayor, City Council
- Officials seek new borrow areas for Ocean City beach replenishment project
- Southwest Airlines offers apology, $5K, to passengers on damaged jet