HURLOCK, Md. - The Maryland Office of the State Fire Marshal is investigating a fire that happened Thursday morning at an unoccupied house in Hurlock.
At around 5:20 AM, firefighters from Hurlock responded to the 4000 block of Railroad Avenue after a passerby reported flames coming from the house. It took firefighters approximately 30 minutes to control the fire, officials said.
Investigators are still attempting to pinpoint the cause of the fire, but say that it originated in the kitchen area of the house. Damages are estimated at about $45,000 for the structure and $5,000 for the contents.
Anyone who may have more information on this fire is asked to call the Salisbury Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal at 410-713-3780.
- Be the Difference Day held 25 projects across Somerset, Wicomico, and Worcester counties
- Salisbury's 1st Annual Bike Party kicks off on Earth Day
- Laurel man faces child abuse and sexual assault charges
- United Way's Be the Difference Day
- Carper "Climate Change Tour" comes to Dewey Beach
- Health officials issue warning for New Castle residents who may have come in contact with raccoon