HURLOCK, Md. - The Maryland Office of the State Fire Marshal is investigating a fire that happened Thursday morning at an unoccupied house in Hurlock.
At around 5:20 AM, firefighters from Hurlock responded to the 4000 block of Railroad Avenue after a passerby reported flames coming from the house. It took firefighters approximately 30 minutes to control the fire, officials said.
Investigators are still attempting to pinpoint the cause of the fire, but say that it originated in the kitchen area of the house. Damages are estimated at about $45,000 for the structure and $5,000 for the contents.
Anyone who may have more information on this fire is asked to call the Salisbury Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal at 410-713-3780.
- Maryland governor to sign bills to fight opioid addiction
- Crisfield holds hearing on areas of concern
- Foreclosure victims offered a Fresh Start
- OC officials urge beach goers not to go into the water until Saturday
- Md. officials launch campaign to prevent future boating accidents
- Ocean City stressing pedestrian safety ahead of Memorial Day weekend