FEDERALSBURG, Md. - The Office of the State Fire Marshal is investigating an apartment fire that happened Monday night in Federalsburg and sent one woman to the hospital.
Shortly after 8:30 PM, firefighters with the Federalsburg Volunteer Fire Department responded to the Federalsburg Gardens Apartments for reports of a fire in a one bedroom, single story apartment.
The apartment's occupant was transported to Nanticoke Memorial Hospital in Seaford for non-life-threatening injuries, officials said. She was later discharged.
Fire marshals say it took 35 firefighters approximately 40 minutes to get the fire under control. Investigators determined the fire began in the apartment's living room, with the cause still under investigation. Officials estimate the damage to the structure at $40,000 with damage to the apartment's contents at around $20,000.
Anyone with additional information on this fire is encouraged to call the Upper Eastern Regional Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal at 410-822-7609.
- Millsboro PD raises money to give local kids Christmas presents
- Updated Undercover investigation reveals animal cruelty in Tyson farm
- SU Poli Sci professor breaks down Doug Jones' victory over Roy Moore
- Man arrested in connection with attempted theft incidents in Salisbury
- Gov. Hogan announces new initiatives to boost jobs in Maryland
- Gov. Hogan to push for redistricting reform bill again