BARCLAY, Md. - The Maryland Office of the State Fire Marshal is investigating a vehicle arson that happened Saturday in Queen Anne's County.
Shortly after 2:15 AM, firefighters from Sudlersville responded to Route 302 at Cosden Road in Barclay where they found a four-door 2008 Nissan Titan on fire, officials said. Fire marshals say it took approximately 10 minutes for firefighters to control the blaze.
Investigators believe that the truck was intentionally set on fire and left abandoned on the side of the road on Route 302. Authorities learned that the truck had been reported stolen in Dover. Damages to the truck are estimated at $15,000, fire marshals said.
Anyone with information on this fire is encouraged to call the Upper Eastern Regional Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal at 410-822-7609.
- Ocean City considering Coca Cola logo on water tower
- Blades water safe to drink again
- Ocean City council passes resolution opposing offshore drilling
- OC Cruisin' to return for 28th year
- Officials: Property demolition set Feb. 23 in Salisbury; E. Isabella St. closes
- Del. prison guard smuggler serving three years wants home confinement