CHESTERTOWN, Md. - The Maryland Office of the State Fire Marshal is investigating an arson that happened Thursday in Queen Anne's County.
Shortly before 2:40 PM, fire investigators say someone threw a molotov cocktail through the window of a vacant one-story home in the 2200 block of Pondtown Road in Chestertown.
Officials say the fire burned itself out and that no fire department had to respond. The fire caused an estimated $1,000 in damage to the house's structure. A bank contractor reportedly discovered the damage.
Anyone with information on this incident is encouraged to call the Upper Eastern Office of the State Fire Marshal in Easton at 410-822-7609.
- Police seize over three thousand bags of heroin along with marijuana during traffic stop
- UPDATE: At least 25 horses found dead at Wicomico Co. property; investigation ongoing
- Harris addresses wind farm at town hall
- Remembering CAMP Rehoboth co-founder Steve Elkins
- St. Patrick's Day impacts local sales
- Foodie Friday: Doña Maria's Pupuseria