SNOW HILL, Md. - An ordinarily quiet Snow Hill neighborhood was flooded with fire trucks and police officers responding to a home fire on Monday.
The fire broke out at 303 Belt Street just after 2 PM.
Snow Hill fire fighters tell 47ABC they were able to contain the blaze with help from several other fire companies in just about 45 minutes.
The fire chief says he believes the fire originated from the home's chimney.
William Heiser, the Snow Hill Volunteer Fire Department's Fire Chief said, "I had a small fire behind a chimney. Definitely started around the chimney area. The guys had to pour out water in the chimney, but the fire has been contained to the chimney."
Luckily, fire fighters say no one was injured as a result of the blaze.
Fire officials say you can prevent chimney fires by doing simple things like regularly cleaning your chimney, using dry wood instead of wet wood and burning the hardest fire wood you can find.
- Centuries old Harcum family farm in jeopardy
- Pot hole season hits the Eastern Shore
- PRMC and ambulance company in hot water over Medicare fraud allegations
- Filing deadline quickly approaching for 2018 Gubernatorial Primary Election in Maryland
- UPDATE: Milton man charged in connection with fight at basketball game
- Judge says he can't grant home confinement to Del. prison guard