SALISBURY, Md. - Maryland State Police responded to a fatal crash that killed one person and injured several others.
Police say that the crash happened around 4:00pm near the Intersection of Route 50 and Queen Avenue.
A 2005 Buick LaSabre was traveling southbound on Queen Avenue when the driver 95-year-old William Madison Pender Senior of Salisbury failed to stop at the stop sign. He then slammed into a 2003 Honda Pilot traveling westbound, occupied by 8 people.
Pender was taken to Peninsula Regional Medical Center where he was pronounced dead. Seven of the eight people were also taken to PRMC for non-life threatening injuries.
- Attorney weighs insanity defense in newspaper shooting
- Residents asked to write concerns down regarding potential Oak Orchard expansion
- Changes coming for ECI staffing process
- Closures to expect as the National Folk Festival
- Invasive Asian tick has made its way to Virginia and Maryland
- Back to School: Find the right backpack to prevent neck and shoulder pain