SALISBURY, Md. - Maryland State Police responded to a fatal crash that killed one person and injured several others.
Police say that the crash happened around 4:00pm near the Intersection of Route 50 and Queen Avenue.
A 2005 Buick LaSabre was traveling southbound on Queen Avenue when the driver 95-year-old William Madison Pender Senior of Salisbury failed to stop at the stop sign. He then slammed into a 2003 Honda Pilot traveling westbound, occupied by 8 people.
Pender was taken to Peninsula Regional Medical Center where he was pronounced dead. Seven of the eight people were also taken to PRMC for non-life threatening injuries.
- Salisbury Zoo hosts 30 annual Earth Day celebration
- A mother's Facebook plea helps put a sex offender back behind bars
- Wicomico County Department of Corrections awarded grant
- 19th Annual Boardwalkin' for Pets to take place Saturday
- Ocean City Wind Turbine Petition Gets Support from Mayor, City Council
- Officials seek new borrow areas for Ocean City beach replenishment project