SALISBURY, Md. - Maryland State Police responded to a fatal crash that killed one person and injured several others.
Police say that the crash happened around 4:00pm near the Intersection of Route 50 and Queen Avenue.
A 2005 Buick LaSabre was traveling southbound on Queen Avenue when the driver 95-year-old William Madison Pender Senior of Salisbury failed to stop at the stop sign. He then slammed into a 2003 Honda Pilot traveling westbound, occupied by 8 people.
Pender was taken to Peninsula Regional Medical Center where he was pronounced dead. Seven of the eight people were also taken to PRMC for non-life threatening injuries.
- Over 100 doses of alprazolam found in Dover; two charged
- Police: Man wanted after woman was slashed in assault incident in Salisbury
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Kent Co.
- UPDATE: Seaford man pleads guilty for role in shooting death of 18-year-old man
- Man arrested on child pornography charges in Dover
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Sussex Co. rape and kidnapping case; Dover man out on bond